Wednesday, December 8, 2010

The End is Beginning...

So that whole blogging-through-tech-week thing didn't exactly come to fruition, did it?  Sorry...I barely had time to sleep or eat, let alone tell you all about it...

Anyway, Nutcracker has been done for 3 days now, and I guess I'm more relieved than sad.  But I'm still sad.  The performances went better than I could have possibly expected them to.  I had more fun dancing Snow Queen on stage, and it finally felt like all those tears were worth it.  I've never cried so much over a role ever, and it was more amazing than I could have imagined.  Truth be told, I am a little sad it's over though.  That was my last IUBT Nutcracker.  That is the 2nd to last time I will share the MAC stage with them.  There is nothing like the friendships I have with these people.  We've been through everything together the last 2 1/2 years and I can't believe that in a few short months, I will be an alumna of Indiana University and will be leaving behind all the wonderful people that this place has allowed me to meet.  I never wanted to do college.  And it has turned into the most incredible and unexpected blessing in my life.  Best, most important decision ever.  I just need not to focus so much on the imminence of graduation and savor my last semester of college with the best friends ever.

I finally finished my Chaucer paper last night (thank God).  Not sure how I did and I honestly don't care all that much...though I probably will when I get it back...ugh.  I'm really bummed because I basically have nothing to do for the next week...my only two finals are next Thursday and Friday.  Cruel, cruel joke, Registrar's Office.  I just want to be home.  Praying for motivation and resolve for this last week.

I cannot wait to be home with family celebrating Christmas...I feel like I haven't really been able to enjoy the season yet because I've been so swamped with Nutcracker and school and it being 7 degrees here in Btown. 

Alrighty, I'm off to watch more bad made-for-tv Christmas movies in an effort to take my mind off how hungry I am and then head to bed.  I hope all of you who are studying for finals are fairing better than I am.  Safe travels for those of you making journeys home soon.  <3

No comments:

Post a Comment