Thursday, August 5, 2010

BEDA Cinq...Ellen's Got the Travel Bug

I miss Disney World.

Week one of BEDA is almost done (yay!).  Today was, again, fairly uneventful.  Most of the day was spent trying to summon the motivation to work on my independent study.  Yeah...that never really came.  I mean, I did make some progress, but it's slow-going, to say the very least.

I miss my friends.  From all aspects of my life.  I wish I had the money to just up and fly somewhere to visit them.  Hell, I wish I had the money to up and fly ANYWHERE.  I've been REALLY, REALLY, REALLY restless lately, thinking about all the world traveling I have yet to do (which is to say ANY world traveling).  The only time I've been out of the country was for a less-than-24-hour hotel stay in Vancouver, B.C., the port of departure for my family's 2005 Alaskan cruise.  (Sidenote: can we talk about how skinny I was then? I know, I know, I was 17, but still...ugh!)  Yes, it was amazing, but that's beside the point.  Currently, I'm just experiencing an intense itch to getthehellouttadodge.  And, seeing as as the funds are running low, we still have a year's worth of college tuition to pay, the (EXPENSIVE) dance audition season is looming on the horizon, and I lack a wealthy and generous boyfriend, I don't think my travel bug is going to be cured in the near future.  Depressing.

Trust me, if your house backed up to a cornfield, you'd probably be feeling the same way as I do right now.  (Don't mistake, though, being home is nice...just...boring).

I went on a long walk this evening and sprinted home (I'm not usually a runner, but I was in the mood for a brief jog).  Then I did abs while watching the last ten minutes of SYTYCD (very pleased with the verdict of the Final Three--Kent, Lauren, and Robert).  Felt good to do abs as it's probably been over a week since I did anything resembling a sit-up...whoops!

In other news, have you ever been scrolling through your Facebook news feed and discover a last name you didn't recognize, only to click on that person to realize you missed the fact that they got married three weeks ago?  Yeah...that happened today.  My dear friend, Rachael, from my arts high school told me about her engagement months ago, and I followed all the photo updates and everything, but somehow I missed that she actually got married, went on her honeymoon, and is now home with her new husband enjoying married life.  I am so very happy for her.  I just can't believe I didn't know!!

Thus, I bid you all good night.  If anyone has a few thousand bucks lying around, let me know...I'd be happy to use it to buy a plane ticket to Europe.  Kthxbai.

P.S. Something I forgot to mention in my post yesterday was the other thing that drives me nuts about SYTYCD, particular this current season...the judges' blatant and obnoxious favoritism.  It is so obvious this season.  And they've pretty much made up the rules as they go along.  RAWR.

P.P.S. I probably should mention Emma Watson's new haircut, as the fandom seems to be completely up in arms.  Oh my God, give me a break.  She cut her hair.  That's it.  It was bound to happen sometime.  I know, I know, it will be kind of weird to see her doing all her press junkety stuff without her Hermione hair come fall, but I think she looks gorgeous.  Yeah, her color could stand to be redone, but who cares?  She's beautiful and she wanted to do it and she did.  End of story.  Can we move on now?  Thanks.  /done

Currently stuck in my head: Summer of '09 by ALL CAPS.  Been listening to Bmin/E far, far too much lately.

1 comment:

  1. I completely understand what you mean about travel. I've not been out of the country either, other than a short trip to Canada, and it's just..ailsdjflkajsdf. I guess it's part of my I Need To Get Out Of This Place right now thing that will be helped when I go to school, but sometimes I really just want to spontaneously get on a plane and go *anywhere.* Sigh.

    ReplyDelete