Sunday, August 29, 2010

BEDA Vingt-Huit/Neuf...I'm riding the BEDA Fail Boat


Ok, so here's the thing.  I got to school on Thursday and since then, it has been fun thing after fun thing after fun thing and I haven't been spending much of my time glued to my laptop.  And, apparently I failed at writing in this blog yesterday.  So that sucks.  Because I swore I wouldn't fail BEDA...and I think I have.  Because I missed a day.  Stupid, Ellen.  UGHHHH!

Anyway, so...yesterday, I went to the IU Outdoor pool for a Dance Marathon pool party...in which mostly all that happened was a bunch of outgoing, drunk (or really hungover) college kids got together to "raise money for the kids" and basically check each other out.  It was a pretty hilarious sight, but it was nice to be in the sun and see my committee members who I'd been away from all summer.  Love them all.  Then my mom and step-dad stopped by to drop off the rest of my stuff (and they stayed for far too short a time).  And then I went to Kilroy's (my favorite Bloomington bar...it was recently voted number 5 on a list of the 50 best college bars in American...*gloats*) for dinner/happy hour, ended up staying til 8, ordering pizza to a fraternity house with the friends I was with, consuming said pizza (and an entire bottle of prosecco between 6 people), and then going back to Kilroy's and staying til 2 in the morning.  So much fun.  Maybe not the most responsible fun.  But, seriously...so fun.  And I missed that. 

Today, I went out on boats on Lake Monroe with the rest of my house for a welcome-back-to-the-house sisterhood event.  It was fun, but things that happened made me a bit upset, and I don't care to elaborate here, so we'll just say I had a good time.  And then I reunited with one of my Y'ALL trip friends at Panera, and boy was it good to see her.  And currently, I sit, listening to my Mumford & Sons Pandora station, staring at the few cars that pass by the house, trying to organize my life for school to begin tomorrow.  First on the agenda tomorrow is teaching elective ballet...which actually won't be teaching as so much an orientation thing for the students.  After this semester, I will have taught advanced, beginner, and intermediate levels of elective ballet, so I'll see how they all compare.  Then I have Ancient Greek Culture at 10:10 and then, of course, ballet at 11:30...and whatever else they decide to throw on the schedule.  I'm so pumped to start learning Allegro Brilliante.  Yay life! 

Alright, Imma go figure out my life and try to get some rest so I can wake up for my 8 am tomorrow.  I'm sorry I failed BEDA.  Love you all.  <3

1 comment:

  1. eh, at least you haven't failed as badly as I have. life is more important!

    ReplyDelete