Friday, August 27, 2010

BEDA Vingt-Sept...No time to write; too busy having a blast

That picture was a twitpic retweeted by IU's twitterfeed of the pond in the arboretum with the Wells Library in the background.  Gorgeous isn't it?

This is going to be a fairly short post, but I didn't want to skip it completely because I made a promise to myself that I would finish BEDA and I don't go back on promises. 

I am currently sitting at my desk, which faces the window, which looks out onto one of the main drags of campus, and I can't stop smiling.  It is even more beautiful here than I remember it.  I know that this may seem like complete and utter bullshit, but IU really is one of the best places I've ever been.  I love everything about it here, and it took me until I literally drove into campus, parked my car in the garage, and had reunions with some of the most amazing people in the whole world for me to remember that.  All summer I felt like I was missing IU, but I was filled with sheer dread every time I thought about it for some reason.  But I really had nothing to worry about.  It is as amazing (and, perhaps even more amazing) as ever, and I'm so happy to be back.

Last night, I went to two of the dancers' apartment (along with most of the rest of the department), and we sat around and drank too much wine and played Kings and laughed and hugged and it was lovely.  And I love everyone.  And I'm gonna get back to having the most fun ever.  K bye.

Currently stuck in my head: Too busy having fun to listen to music...

No comments:

Post a Comment