Monday, August 30, 2010

BEDA Trente...First day of school and home stretch of BEDA

The above picture is of our performance space at IU.  I cannot wait to start work on Noir, Allegro Brilliante, and The Baker's Dances.  YAY!

Today was my first day of my senior year.  For those of you who don't know, I'm graduating a year early from school because a) I have enough credits to do so, b) I need to get out into the ballet/dancing world as soon as possible before my body breaks down and I'm an old woman, and c) My family can't afford a 4th year of college.  I think it's going to be a good semester.

I'm teaching at 8 am with another girl in the ballet department, but there are only 4 people enrolled in our class, so I think they're trying to combine the intermediate level with the advanced level, which my dear friend Alyssa is teaching.  This would be awesome because, not only would it be a bigger class (small classes are hard to motivate), but also would be split between the three of us, so I'd only have to get up at an ungodly hour every third week.  Which would be amazing.  So I'm hoping that happens.

My Ancient Greek Culture class looks like it's going to be very cool.  My prof is, like, the cutest nerd ever.  She can't be a day over 35, came in with her cap-sleeved oxford shirt tucked into a navy skirt with red heels on, bun in hair, and adorable over-sized black rimmed nerdglasses.  And she was just generally adorable, and I think I'm really going to enjoy her lectures.

And then ballet was, well, ballet, but we had Guo Ping (my favorite teacher in the department), and I didn't have as bad a class as I was expecting to, and I love IUBT so much.  No, seriously.  Most amazing group of dancer friends I've ever had. 

Tonight, I'm gonna stay in, do the reading assignment for Ancient Greek Culture, and watch some television. 

I can't believe BEDA is almost over.  And I only missed one day.  But it's ok, because I truly spaced the fact that I hadn't blogged on Saturday.  My fault.  I've definitely enjoyed this month of documenting my life, while, I'll admit, it's probably not that interesting.  Last post tomorrow.  And I promise, I will not neglect this blog ever again.  Though my posts, of course, will not be every day beginning Wednesday.  To the rest of you starting school this week, good luck.  To those who haven't started yet, I'm a little jealous you're still enjoying your summer.  To those of you who are no longer in school, please convince me that the "real world" isn't scary and threatening.  Night, ya'll.  <3

No comments:

Post a Comment