Monday, August 16, 2010

BEDA Quinze...Late and Cheating

 
Found the above picture on Tumblr and thought it was too cute not to share.  Aww...baby Emma and Rupert...adorableeeee.

Ok, so before you get all Ellen-is-failing-BEDA on me, hear me out.  This morning I woke up at 5:45 to say goodbye to my baby brother, as he drove off into the land of collegians today (he's going down to DePauw early for pre-pre-season soccer stuff and my mom will be down with his stuff/to move him in to his dorm room on Wednesday (he's living in a frat house-oh great-til then)).  P.S. This whole my-baby-brother-is-in-college-now thing is really freaking me out.  Any advice on how to deal with the fact that it's both making me feel overprotective and old? 

Then I drove to Chesterton, got on the South Shore at 7:45, took a rather long cab ride really far northwest of the Chicago loop, and participated in Elements Contemporary Ballet's summer workshop.  I really liked it (and it was definitely nice to dance for 7 hours in one day again, as I haven't done so since getting home from Orlando). It was so awesome to be doing some contemporary work...and I worked my butt off, so all in all, no harm done.  Then I took a cab from the studio back downtown (which took forever), hopped on the 6:22 bus, got stuck at the 57th street stop for 20 minutes while they fixed some mechanical issue, pulled into the station 20 minutes late, and finally walked in the door around 8:30.

I had made plans with my dearest hometown friend, so I pretty much went straight to hang out with her, got home 10 minutes ago, and the result is a late (and pathetic) BEDA post.  Sorry for the lateness.  And the boringness.  Let's make a pact, blog readers...every day this week my posts don't suck.  Ok?  Ok.  Good night. Love, me

Currently stuck in my head: "Bulletproof" by LaRoux (it played on the radio every time I was in the car today...annoying!!)  Also, I've never seen the video til I just linked it now and...um...weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment