Monday, August 23, 2010

BEDA Vingt-Trois...Mockingjay and Fulfilling Stereotypes


The above happened on Twitter earlier today.  Kind of freaking epic.

I cannot believe Mockingjay comes out tonight.  What I also cannot believe is how I was supposed to go to the western suburbs of Chicago for the Magic Tree Books midnight release party, and how now I have to babysit (albeit only during the dinner hour), and there is not one single Mockingjay release party happening in my area.  I know...it's blasphemy.  Whatever.  I will wait patiently til tomorrow, I suppose.  In the meantime, I'm working feverishly on homework, reading Prep by Curtis Sittenfeld (which I'm enjoying a lot, by the way...I had always thought it was some Gossip Girlesque book about East Coast prep schools, but it is a surprisingly smart look at an native Midwesterner-she's from Indiana(!)-trying to fit in/blend in/be invisible in a school full of rich kids with rich parents in a world where nothing seems like a facade), and going to have a slumber party outside in the family tent with my dearest friend from home, staying up late, talking, and eating copious amounts of junk food.  So, no Mockingjay spoilers PLEASE!!!!

I'm sorry the last two days of my blogging ventures have proved to be quite weak and basically an epic failure.  But hopefully I will make up for it in the remaining days of August.

I'm currently drooling over every single thing in the September J. Crew catalogue including these beautiful boots.  I think I want to purchase either a pair of clogs, chukka boots, brogues , oxfords, or a version of the aforementioned lace-up flat slouchy boots for fall (as I cannot afford anything from J. Crew right at this moment).  Your thoughts?  I think I'm going to get back to mes devoirs (that's homework for those of you who took Spanish or German in high school) and figuring out how it might be possible for me to get to New York for the midnight release of DH Part 1 to see Sarah and others.  The only problem is that Thanksgiving break isn't until the 23rd and the movie comes out the 19th.  And things with Nutcracker are always crazy busy/crazy important before Thanksgiving because when we get back from our brief respite full of gravy and cranberry sauce and pumpkin pie, it's immediately tech week and performance time.  Hmmm.  But I really, really want to be in New York for that.  Ugh.  Please, please, please suggest blogging topics for the rest of the BEDA in the comments.  I really need the guidance.  Thanks, beauties.  Love, me

Currently stuck in my head: "He Loves You Not" by Dream.  Blame this child.

No comments:

Post a Comment