Wednesday, August 11, 2010

BEDA Onze...A Quick and Early Post


Um how good do those Minnie Mouse cupcakes look?

I'm planning on getting a lot of work on my independent study class done (yeah...that plan alllllways works out...), so I'm gonna write this pretty quickly so I can get to the gym, get home, shower, and begin reading a billion pages of the New Testament (which I wouldn't normally complain about, but this class has SO. MUCH. BUSYWORK.  And I hate teaching myself).  Dear Ellen, Stop complaining. Now. Thanks.

Anywho, both Kaitlyn (on her blog) and Kristina (in her Monday video on fiveawesomegirls) said they want to visit all 50 states before they die.  I'd like to fulfill that goal as well.  I thought I, too, would count up how close I am to getting there.  Turns out, I'm not as close as I thought I was:


visited 27 states (54%)
Create your own visited map of The United States

28 is the grand total...so I still have 22 to go.  I guess my family and I haven't spent any time in the Northeast (aside from New York and Jersey), and haven't done much traveling out west, save for Arizona, Colorado, and California.  I have lived in quite a few places though.  Born in Illinois, moved to Indiana when I was 4, went to high school in Virginia, lived a year in North Carolina, a year in Oklahoma, and currently attending school back in my native Hoosierland (btw, I do not consider myself an Illinois native, as I don't remember anything about when I lived there).  I have been to Alaska, which is pretty cool.  Along with Kaitlyn, I would just love to visit all seven continents.  Unfortunately, I've still got six to go, for, as you know, I've got the biggest travel bug EVERRRR.

I guess I'll cry SPOILER ALERT, though I'm not giving much away...last night I watched Make It or Break It, and the only thought I have is WTF?  Payson kind of looks like she's falling in love with Sasha, Lauren is seriously the most jealous/insecure/awful teen girl character I've ever seen on a television show, and Ellen Biels, national committee chair, is THE biggest bitch EVER.  I was literally about to throw something at my computer screen last night...she makes me sick...discipline is important, but it does not make a great athlete or dancer.  Passion and heart and emotion and drive make greatness.  This woman is trying to turn these gymnasts into robots, all the while trying to form a gymnastics dictatorship by ousting anyone who opposes her.  jgkdlshgkdlsghkdl I hope they kick her the hell out of there soon.  My anger level is increasing by the episode.

Ok, sorry. Rant over.  The SYTYCD performance finale is on tonight!  I can't wait. I think Kent is going to win, but my vote is for Robert.  But it's probably going to be Robert 3rd, Lauren the runner-up, and Kent the winner.  And now I'll leave you all.  Much love, me.

Currently stuck in my head: "Jar of Hearts" by Christina Perri. Finally, a less embarrassing admission. That song is hauntingly sad and raw and just gjkdlghds.  So gorgeous.  The dance Kathryn and Billy did on SYTYCD to it was breathtaking.  WATCH!

1 comment:

  1. Just watched last night's MIOBI . . . hgjhfjkgn.

    Pretty sure Payson is developing a huge crush on Sasha. Ayla said in an interview that Payson's drama this season involves "a man". Ew. And pretty sure I have known a few Ellen Bielses in my lifetime. Ughhhhhhh. Why is this show so good/bad?

    ReplyDelete